Tsimbolovolo (Tsididy) property is located in central west part of Madagascar, at around 180km from the capital Antananarivo.
- The license covers an area of 1018.75sq.km (1018750 ha). km in total within the area covered by Tsimbolovolo tenement, gold occurs as primary and secondary deposit.
- This prospect lies 52km to the north-west of Tsiroanomandidy town and was exploited even before 1895.
- Two placers of 1,800 x 800m and 1,500 x 100m produced 387kg of gold between 1903 and 1909.
- The prospect mainly consists of amphibolites, gneiss, micaschist and, magnetiferous quartzite.
- The amphibolites, largely formed by the cummingtonite-grunerite series, enclose a layer of kyanite (disthene) with visible gold.
- The magnetiferous quartzites are auriferous and at times show visible gold. Both eluvions and alluvions have been long exploited.
- Preliminary studies including surface sampling have been carried out.