- From 1980, various exploration were carried out by Soviet, BRGM (a French geological survey based in Madagascar), Pencari Mining and Philex Mining that included 9 drill holes, 1320 geochemical soil sampling, geophysical survey, trench sampling and stream sediment.
- Results show interesting primary gold intersected by the drilled holes with grade ranging from 3 to 5grams/tonne. Notable result of the stream sediment show 18.40 grams /tonne of gold in a place called Gabriel Creeks
- Zone of copper mineralization was also identified and trench results were positive with indicated copper grades in excess of 5% with an additional silver and gold association. Distinguished result includes 6% copper, 3.35grams/tonne gold, and a further 12.90grams /tonne silver for a sample from the trench.
- In the old French mine area, gold occurs around the contact of pegmatite intrusion and the of Neo-Proterozoic metasediment rocks (Mica schist, quartzite, gneiss). Resource estimation based on 3 drill holes just around the Marovato French mine area (0.5sq. km) shows about 240,000 ounces of gold.
- PR Global is presently carrying out detailed exploration in this prospect.
Soavinarivo gold- copper prospect is located on the central part of Madagascar, at 40km by road east of the famous Antsirabe Town. The prospect area is the combination of 5 adjacent licenses covering an area of 93.75sq. km (9375 ha). The license area fits 100% into the Ambatolampy gold district. Discovered in 1889, Soavinarivo primary gold mine was worked by French during the colonial period.